Only Zegerid OTC has a unique, dual-ingredient formula which contains the leading prescription acid reducer plus a special ingredient that protects the powerful medicine from acid in your stomach so it can be quickly absorbed.
From the Manufacturer
How is Zegerid OTC designed differently?
Only Zegerid OTC features a unique, dual-ingredient formula:
- The leading prescription acid reducer (omeprazole).
- Plus a second ingredient (sodium bicarbonate) that protects the powerful medicine from acid in the stomach – allowing absorption of this omeprazole product.
How can Zegerid OTC capsules benefit you?
- It contains a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) – the only kind of medicine specifically indicated to treat frequent heartburn.
- Just one capsule a day offers 24 hour relief from frequent heartburn.†
- It blocks the production of acid that causes frequent heartburn.
How Zegerid OTC Compares
Check out the chart below to see how Zegerid OTC compares to other heartburn treatment options:
Only Zegerid OTC features a unique, dual-ingredient formula
- The leading prescription acid reducer (omeprazole)
- Plus a second ingredient (sodium bicarbonate) that protects the powerful medicine from acid in the stomach ? allowing absorption of this omeprazole product
- Just one capsule a day offers 24 hour relief from frequent heartburn
- It contains a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) ? the only kind of medicine specifically indicated to treat frequent heartburn
Treats Frequent Heartburn
- Omeprazole 20 mg / Acid Reducer
- Sodium Bicarbonate 1100 mg / Allows Absorption of this Omeprazole Product
Three 14-Day Courses of Treatment
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or moredays a week)
- Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn. This drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food
- vomiting with blood
- bloody or black stools
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
For adults 18 years of age and older
This product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
It may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- Swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water at least 1 hour before eating in the morning
- Take every day for 14 days
- Do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- Do not chew or crush the capsule
- Do not open capsule and sprinkle on food
- Do not use for more than14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- You may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
Children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Each capsule contains: sodium 303 mg
Read the directions, warnings and accompanying label information before use
Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Keep product out of high heat and humidity
Protect product from moisture
Active Ingredients: Omeprazole 20 mg (acid reducer), Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) (Allow absorption of this omeprazole item)
Inactive Ingredients: Croscarmellose Sodium, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Pharmaceutical Ink, Polysorbate 80, Titanium Dioxide