The Zebra GK420d monochrome desktop direct thermal label printer has a 32-bit processor, prints 5" per second in black at 203 dpi, and can be used to print labels, tags, receipts, or other media up to 4.09" wide. Direct thermal printers use heat instead of ink and are typically smaller, quieter, faster, and more energy-efficient than dot-matrix printers. The GK420d has a maximum print speed of 5" per second at 203 dpi (dots per inch) and prints labels up to 39” long. The 32-bit processor combined with the 8 MB of SDRAM memory and 4 MB of flash memory offers fast first label printing with extensive media graphics. EPL and ZPL programming languages are standard.
The GK420d printer's double-walled casing is made of ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), which helps resist impact. An open-access design facilitates media loading. Parallel, serial, and USB ports allow connectivity to a computer or other devices. A USB cable comes with the printer (parallel and serial cables sold separately). The printer automatically detects installed media and calibrates to the media type and length for accurate printing. A reflective sensor allows the printer to identify the gaps, holes, notches, or black marks between labels to print the labels accurately. A transmissive sensor enables it to detect when a roll of media has run out. An odometer can be used to track the print length. The auto-detectable power adapter can accept AC power between 100 and 240 volts. This printer is suitable for use with black bar, black mark, continuous, continuous receipt, die-cut, fanfold, gap, notched, perforated, receipt, roll-fed, tag, or tag stock media (all sold separately). The maximum outside diameter for rolls is 5".
||203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
||8 MB SDRAM; 4 MB Flash
|Label and Liner Width Range
||0.75" to 4.25"
|Label and Liner Length Range
||0.38" to 39"
|Maximum Roll Diameter
||0.5", 1.0", and 1.5"
|Media Thickness Range
||0.003" to 0.0075"
||Black bar, black mark, continuous, continuous receipt, die-cut, fanfold, gap, notched, perforated, receipt, roll-fed, tag, tag stock
||40 to 105 degrees F
||10 to 90 percent non-condensing
||-40 to 140 degrees F
||5 to 95 percent non-condensing
|Voltage and Frequency
||Auto-detecting 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
||6 x 6.75 x 8.25 inches (H x W x D)*
* H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Zebra Technologies manufacturers barcode, receipt, kiosk, and radio-frequency identification (RFID) printers and accessories. The company, founded in 1969, is headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Desktop printer can be used to print labels, tags, receipts, or other media up to 4.09" wide
- Direct thermal printers use heat instead of ink and are typically smaller, quieter, faster, and more energy-efficient than dot-matrix printers
- 32-bit processor printer has print speeds of up to 5" per second; prints in black at 203 dpi
- Parallel, serial, and USB ports allow connectivity to computer or other devices
- Measures 6 x 6.75 x 8.25 inches (H x W x D); weighs 3.1 lb.