Do not use
- In a child under 4 years of age
- In a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child's prescription drug contains MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- With any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- For the purpose of making your child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) chronic breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- Symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.