With Nonoxynol-9 | Effective Birth Control
For the Prevention of Pregnancy
- for use with condom or alone
- no hormonal side effects
Options® offers women a full-range of easy-to use contraceptive product forms that are highly effective, and non-hormonal. Options© Conceptrol® Contraceptive Gel is unscented clear, unflavored, and non-staining. It is prefilled into a single dose, convenient, easy to use, disposable plastic applicator containing Nonoxynol-9, making it one of the most effective contraceptives you can use without a prescription.
Spermacides like Options™ Conceptrol® are 94% effective when used correctly and consistently: (see below)
Failure Rates, 1 Year
- Spermicides, (e.g. Gynol II®)
- Correct and Consistent Use (1) - 6%*
- Typical Use (2) - 26%
- Correct and Consistent Use (1) - 6%
- Typical Use (2) - 20%
- Male Latex Condom
- Correct and Consistent Use (1) - 3%
- Typical Use (2) - 14%
- Correct and Consistent Use (1) - N/A%
- Typical Use (2) - 85%
Hatcher RA, Trussell J, Stewart F, et al. Contraceptive Technology. New York, NY: Irvington Publishers, 1998,
(1) Using the method correctly every time you have sex.
(2) Includes failures from incorrect or inconsistent use.
* Over 1 year of use, 6% of women become pregnant.
Questions? If you have any questions or comments, please call 1-866-678-4678 between 8:00AM and 5:00PM EST, Monday through Friday.
Made in Canada