The First Alert Drinking Water Test Kit tests for elements in your drinking water system that can lead to serious health problems. It tests and provides immediate results for:
- Bacteria--Strains of E. coli can cause serious illness or death.
- Lead--Causes developmental harm, neurological damage, and kidney damage.
- Pesticides--From agricultural uses, linked to increased cancer rates.
- Nitrates/nitrites--From fertilizers and animal waste, causes developmental problems.
- Chlorine--By-products can increase cancer risk and cause bad taste and odor.
- Hardness--Causes lime scale and higher detergent use.
- pH--Can cause heavy metal (such as lead) leaching and plumbing damage.
Drinking water test kit
- Tests for bacteria, lead, pesticides, nitrites/nitrates, chlorine, hardness, and pH
- Kit includes all test materials
- No laboratory testing necessary
- Tests to EPA standards
The Water Test Kit tests to EPA standards. The kit includes all testing materials; no further lab work is required for results.--
What's in the Box
One bacteria test vial, one lead/pesticide test packet, one nitrate/nitrite test packet, one pH/hardness/chlorine test packet, and user's manual