This mix is easy to make and enjoy! Add your personal touch with barley or rice, drizzled olive oil & parmesan cheese or crumbled sausage. Make your own Italian Wedding Soup by adding mini meatballs.
Prep time is less than 15 minutes. Makes 8 servings. Net weight: 15 oz/430g
Gluten Free, No Added Salt, No MSG, No Preservatives
- 1. Rinse beans. Add drained beans & vegetable/spice pack to 8 cups broth or bouillon (chicken, vegetable or beef). Stir.
OPTIONAL: Add 1 cup barley or brown rice.
STOVE TOP: Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
OR SLOW COOKER: Cook for 6-8 hours on low; OR 3-4 hours on high according to your cooker's directions.
- Just before serving add 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes lightly crushed & 1 tblsp. Balsamic or wine vinegar. Cook till heated, Remove bay leaf.
SERVE with SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE.
Other suggestions . . . just before serving:
- Drizzle each bowl with extra virgin olive oil & serve with garlic bread
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté 1 lb. sweet or hot sausage & add to soup
Navy Beans, Baby Lima Beans, Red & Green Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions, Carrots, Spinach, Celery, Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Bay Leaf.