Read entire label before each use. Important - use only on dogs or on puppies 12 weeks of age or older. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read and follow all directions and precautions on this product label.
To apply this product, use one disposable liquid tube for each application with the applicator device.
- Open: Use finger scoop to lift open door.
- Load: To load, place tube white side up into the open Smart Shield applicator with front of tube placed under tab on door. Ensure that tube fits securely in the Smart Shield applicator.
- Close: Close the green door and the tube will snap open.
- Apply: The dog should be standing for easy application. To apply, use the front edge of the Smart Shield applicator to part hair and get next to dog's skin. Press circle on green door once at each of four or five evenly placed spots between the shoulder to the base of the tail. Do not apply an excessive amount of the solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not spread this product by hand over the dog. Although the dog's skin and hair oils will natually distribute the solution over the entire dog, brushing the dog 12-24 hours after treatment will help to distribute the material over the skin.
- Dispose: When finished, hold the Smart Shield applicator over trash. To dispose of empty tube, open green door and drop entire tube into trash or offer for recycling if available. Close the Smart Shield applicator device door and store in original package.
This product is most effective when used as part of a total flea and tick management program. Use other Bio Spot Active Care products registered for residential area control of these pests in conjunction with this treatment. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Use Restrictions: Do not use more than one tube per dog and do not treat more than once per month. Do not allow your dog to ingest this product. Do not bathe your dog 48 hours prior to application. This flea and tick applicator works by application directly to the dog's skin, not to the hair. When applying, use the Smart Shield applicator device that allows dog owners to treat their dogs more securely, and dispose of liquid tubes with less mess.
Note: Each package contains sufficient tubes for 3 applications.
Storage and disposal - Pesticide storage: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and pets. Container disposal: Do not reuse empty tube. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Side effects: Monitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or 800-234-2269.
Precautionary Statements - Caution: Hazards to Humans: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Hazards to domestic animals: Do not use on other animals. Do not use on dogs or puppies less than 12 weeks old or weighing less than 5 lbs. Do not use this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals or on animals known to be sensitive to pesticide products without first consulting a veterinarian. Sensitivity, such as slight transitory redness of the skin at the site of application, may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap, rinse with large amounts of water, and consult a veterinarian immediately.
First Aid: If in eyes - hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after first 5 minutes then continue rinsing. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-234-2269 for emergency medical treatment information.