Alka-Seltzer antacid and pain relief tablets provide fast relief of acid indigestion, sour stomach, heartburn with headache, and body aches and pains. The tablets gently break up and dissolve away in water.
Alka-Seltzer is an antacid that gently breaks up and dissolves away the full feeling of acid indigestion and pain fast
- Original formula an antacid, providing trusted, effective, effervescent relief for over 74 years
- More complete relief than antacids, such as Tums®, Mylanta® or Pepto-Bismol® and faster than Pepcid AC® and the leading prescription
For temporary relief of: heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach when accompanied with headache or body aches and pains; upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in food or drink; headache, body aches, and pain alone.
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- Facial swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diuretic
- You have asthma
- You have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs
- Taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- An allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
- Symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- Ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- New symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.